Best Youth Football Gloves
Best Football Gloves For Youth
Gloves in football offer a number of functions, but mainly improve catching passes and protecting the hands.
Most gloves today are highlighted by sticky palms, which increase the ability to grip the ball and complete passes. Some of the biggest names in football equipment make youth football gloves, including Under Armour, Nike, adidas, Nxtrnd, and Grip Boost.
If you are looking for the best youth football gloves and are wondering which gloves to trust, the list below focuses on the top receiver gloves available for youth players and they all meet NOCSAE and NFHS standards. We hope you get the best knowledge of what you need.
What are the stickiest football gloves?
1) Nxtrnd G1
The Nxtrnd G1 Pro Receiver gloves for Youth have several features that push them towards the top of our list. They have an ultra sticky palm and fingers for excellent grip in harsh weather conditions. Furthermore, the G1 Gloves deliver great ventilation and a skin-tight fit for ultimate comfort. These gloves are often the preferred gloves for every position.
Since 2018, Nxtrnd has been making a name for themselves in the world of football. With a wide variety of colors, materials and designs to choose from, you'll love these youth football gloves.
- Withstands harsh weather
- Excellent grip
- Great ventilation
- Very comfortable
- Can not be machine washed
2) Nike Youth Superbad
The Youth Superbad is next on the list for youth football gloves. Manufactured by Nike, a company famous for innovative materials and athletic designs, they are made of a silicone palm with magnigrip technology for insane grip and a ventilated back of hand for high breathability. These gloves will help you grip the ball no matter the weather.
- Sticky grip
- Good Airflow
- Skin-tight fit
- Often out of stock
- Not very durable
3) Cutters Game Day Football Gloves
Designed for durability and performance, the Cutters Rev Pro Youth Gloves feature a lightweight and flexible back of hand with snug form fitting finger and palm materials. These gloves will give every wearer great comfort and control.
Made with their signature C-Tack technology, the cutters sticky grip delivers some of the best in the game. Your entire fingers and palms are covered with their C-Tack grip which can be restored by using a wet cloth when the palms get dry.
- Breathable back of hand
- Great grip
- Fit is not the best
Best Youth Football Gloves on Amazon
Football gloves are an important piece of equipment when on the field. Choosing the right pair isn't necessarily the most simple task as some players want padding and others want sticky grip. To help you find the best Youth Gloves on Amazon today, we've put together this list to help you.
1) Nxtrnd Youth Pro Receiver Gloves
2) Under Armour Youth F7 Gloves
3) Nike Vapor Jet Youth Gloves
Do youth football players need gloves?
Players of all ages are wearing gloves nowadays, whether it’s for protection, to battle the elements, or to give them an advantage for caring and catching the football, gloves are worth it in the long run. Most youth football players use gloves for protection and comfort as they provide a source of comfort through the elements.
If your child is a running back or receiver, we see football gloves being worn as young as eight years old. It is not a bad idea to get them used to the gloves and use them on a regular basis as they will most likely use them when they are older.
5 ways gloves are designed to help players:
- Reduce sweat build-up on the hands
- Reduce hand injuries
- Improve grip
- Offer warmth when needed
Finding the right gloves for youth football players can seem complicated, but once you have learned the basics it is actually quite simple.
Here are the main criteria that you need to pay attention to to choose the best product:
1) Size: You should know your exact glove size for the perfect fit. If the glove is a bit loose, you will lose the feel. Conversely, if the gloves are too tight, you lose a lot of air circulation, thus reducing your overall dexterity and reaction time.
2) Material: Good youth football gloves are made of premium materials that perform in all weather conditions. The improved strength allows long lasting use season after season. Look for elastic, synthetic material with a sturdy or reinforced seam texture.
3) Washability: During the game, even the best football gloves can get dirty and lose adhesion. The player must be able to clean them in order to restore the stick. The best gloves can be cleaned easily and have their grip restored for optimal effectiveness over time.
4) Design: For skill players that need high ball feel, gloves should not be too thick. Good youth football gloves must embrace the contours of the hand to make sure that the fingers and palms are recognizable to touch. On the other hand, Lineman gloves will have poor ball touch detection, but half-finger gloves can overcome this to a certain extent.
In short, choosing a pair of youth football gloves for your young athlete will contribute to their outstanding performance. Hopefully the sharing of our experience and Top 3 best football gloves for youth above will help you buy a great item with confidence.
- What are the best socks for football