Oh and for you gridiron guys out there, see our list for some of the best football mouthguards available today.
Best Mouthguards - 3 Recommendations
Here are three recommendations that cover some of the best mouth guards around, each produced with our signature EVA material blend. This short list is designed not only to highlight quality mouthguards, but to give you a sense of what’s out there (a lot!) and help you find the mouthguard that’s right for you. (Please read our "About us" section to get more backstory.)
Best Mouthguard For Sports Overview
Manufacturing quality mouth guards, especially hundreds at a time, is no simple task. It takes high-grade materials, engineers, rigorous quality-control systems, and, ideally, your own impact testing laboratory (a very expensive proposition). Not all mouth guard manufacturers are up to the task, especially a lot of newbie companies springing up like wildflowers. The sport mouth guard models in the list above —Rush, Zero, and Classic—all have proven track records in terms of product protection and customer satisfaction. Some have accumulated hundreds of positive reviews and have been featured on athletes in the NFL, UFC, NBA and NHL.
When researching the best sports mouthguards, the No.1 priority should be protection. One of the most important factors all athletes must consider before heading out to their sport is that their teeth are well protected. Training and game related injuries have long been the cause of serious dental problems, especially in team and contact sports where blows to the face are common and non-forgiving. Nobody wants chipped teeth, busted lips, bleeding gums, or worse.
But with so many options, how do you decide what mouth guard is for you? Which mouthguard is best for your players? Don’t worry, we’ve come up with a list below of some of the highest rated and effective sports mouthguards to help make your decision easier. All of the options are affordable and offer protection in a variety of sports, including but not limited to football, baseball, softball, basketball, martial arts, MMA, hockey, lacrosse, rugby, and more.
What are the best sport mouthguards 2021?
[NXTRND Rush™ Mouthguard (2 PACK)]
- Durable: The dual density frame goes above industry standards to protect your lips, teeth, and jaw from blows to the face.
- Comfortable: After molding the mouthpieces, it lightly snaps into place around your teeth and gums.
- Breathable: This snug fit allows ease of speech and breathability.
- Not Braces Friendly
- Some users have difficulty molding the mouthpiece
- Doesn't include strap or tether attachments
The Nxtrnd Rush Mouth Guard is designed for optimal performance, comfort and protection.
It's versatility has enabled it to make a name for itself outside the sport of football. In fact, this guard is worn in most contact sports requiring high-end protective gear including basketball, boxing, MMA, hockey, and lacrosse.
Because of its double layer construction and soft moldable interior liner, the Rush delivers an extremely comfortable custom fit and has become one of our most popular models. Featuring a strong shock absorbing outer frame, the Rush will properly absorb and disperse forces upon impact and protect your mouth while allowing for ease of speech and breathability.
[NXTRND Zero™ Mouthguard (2 PACK)]
- Comfort: Really easy to speak, drink and breath without removing the guard.
- Designed for all sports: Perfect for men, women, and kids who practice football, flag football, basketball, lacrosse, soccer, baseball, boxing, wrestling, kickboxing, Brazilian jiu-jitsu (bjj), Karate, muay thai, taekwondo, judo, along with all other forms of martial arts and contact sports.
- Unlimited Defective Warranty: The unlimited defective warranty covering both guards as well as the protective case. Contact information included in the packaging.
- Doesn't attach to facemask and helmets
- Doesn't protect lips or outer mouth area
- Not Braces Friendly
The Nxtrnd Zero utilizes a signature EVA material blend that's 5 times tougher and 40% stronger than conventional mouthguards. By combining its impact absorbant material with highly effective perforated design features, the guard successfully deflects all impact forces away from your teeth. When properly fitted, these energy-absorbing zones direct forces away from your teeth, reducing the risk of dental injury.
In addition to the energy absorbing zones, the guard was created through a special layering process that allows different areas to have varying levels of thickness. Because the Nxtrnd Zero offers a unrivaled custom fit, you won't need to constantly remove your guard to talk, breathe or drink. The Zero will comfortably allow you to keep your guard in your mouth the entire game or practice and keep your focus where it matters.
[NXTRND Classic™ Mouthguard (2 PACK)]
- Very Protective: The single layer shell goes above industry standards to protect your lips, teeth, and jaw for impacts
- Comfortable: This snug fit allows ease of speech and unpaired comfort.
- Easy to Breath: Designed with a sleek under carriage channel system that boasts airflow and aids breathing.
- Not Braces Friendly
- Only for Athletes Age 11+
- Doesn't attach to facemasks.
The Classic is a thin, 2 mm guard that's so small, you’ll honestly forget you’re even wearing a mouthguard. Unlike competing brands that sell "flat" mouth guards that ripple, causing pressure points and discomfort when molded, the Classic mouth guard comes pre-shaped to the form of upper teeth eliminating the possibilty of material ripples and painful pressure points found on other guards.
The Nxtrnd Classic Mouthguard is one of the more affordable boil-and-bite mouthguards on the market. The Classic Mouthguard offers great protection and comfort as well as an incredible warranty. With a material thickness of 2mm, it allows much more comfort and breathability than any other comparable product. It's gel based liner and "snap-in" fit will tightly wrap around your teeth and absorb impact forces to provide maximum soft tissue coverage and protection
Why Do Athletes Wear Mouth Guards?
You may wonder why so many athletes of all levels wear mouthguards? In fact, there's an important statistic from the American Dental Association stating that more than 200,000 oral injuries are prevented each year by their use.
No matter the sport you play, at Nxtrnd mouthguards, we recommend you always wear a mouth guard.